All-State 2014 Information
Click here to Access the 2014 All-State Portal
We are excited to announce that the new 2014 All-State portal is now open for creating teacher accounts. We used your feedback to improve on our online submission process from last year, and we hope our changes make the process more user friendly for you! There were so many quality portfolios submitted last year and we are excited to see this year’s submissions. Thank you for supporting your students and taking the time to help them to submit. For more information about All-State or Art Educators of Iowa visit www.artedia.org.
The All-State Committee
Dates to Remember:
March 14th: Submission deadline
April 5th: Judging
May 3rd: Awards ceremony at the Des Moines Art Center
Each portfolio submitted has a fee of $25. This year, payment will be through PayPal, so only credit or debit cards will be accepted.
Students must be in grades 11 or 12.
The nominating teacher must be a member of AEI. For more information about membership or to become a member contact Jeanna Gerot at email@example.com or go to the membership page. Students will submit the following online:
10 images of 10 different pieces of artwork (no separate detail images) or 1 minute segments of video with dimensions, media and title. There is no longer a requirement to have 2 of them be drawings. The program will only accept images that are at a MAXIMUM of 480 x 640 pixels, so be sure to have them sized properly.
- Photo of self (same size restrictions)
- Student statement will have 3 parts (limited to 150 words each):
Value of visual art in your life
- Experiences that have shaped or changed you as an artist
Here is a suggested timeline for stress-free submission:
Please remember that registering and submitting early allows us to address issues in a timely manner. Everyone on the All-State committee is a full-time teacher and your time management allows us to promptly assist you with tech support issues.
- Make sure your AEI membership is up to date and you know your member number. You will need it to register for the All-State Portal.
- Create your new teacher account for 2014 by going to www.artediowa.org and clicking “Not registered? Instructors sign up here.”
- Once your account is created, click “Nominate Student” and follow the directions to send activation invitations to your students to create their profiles. Students will receive an email prompting them to create their account. All photos and application materials are submitted in the student’s dashboard.
- Review portfolio requirements and deadlines with students and encourage them to submit early.
Next week (by Feb 24th)
- Make sure students have successfully activated their student profiles. You can check this from your teacher dashboard. This way tech support issues with creating profiles can be resolved early, giving you plenty of time to submit.
- Begin writing your student’s nomination statements and adding them to their profiles. You can do this from your account dashboard by clicking “Edit” on the left hand side of your student’s name.
- Have students begin uploading their essays and images to their account profiles. Have them review the requirements and proofread and review their essays and slide info.
- Begin researching and securing your payment method. Only credit or debit cards will be accepted through PayPal so you may need to discuss with your business office about the preferred procedure for payment. Unfortunately we cannot accept PO’s or other methods of payment.
The week before the deadline: (March 10th -14th)
- Confirm that all students have successfully submitted their portfolios. Students will submit from their student dashboards and the portal will not let them submit unless all materials are completed. You can check which students have submitted by looking at your account dashboard. Portfolios must be submitted by the submission deadline or the program will lock them out. There is no way to manually override this after the deadline.
- Confirm that all students portfolios have been paid for. Unpaid porfolios WILL NOT be judged.
To get help with tech support issues with the portal or general questions about All-State, contact Support@artediowa.org