The 2013 AEI Fall Conference is going to be a CIRCUS!!!
October 11-13, 2013
Hotel at Kirkwood and Kirkwood Community College
In the Center Ring--Arts Eduction with a focus on the power of what the arts offer in the lives and futures of our children.
Major presenters will focus on the importance of quality curriculum, instruction, and collaboration as we keep the Arts out front.
Registration is now open!
Schedule of Events
TINY CIRCUS Artists will create a collaborative on-site video project during the October conference event. Check them out...
Here's what you need to do...
- Register for the event
- Mark your calendar--reserve the dates!
- Reserve your room--see the column at left!
- Create art with a circus theme in your classroom this year. We will be creating a digital gallery of student work--any media. Images will be gathered at the end of the school year, so you have some time to fit a little Circus into your curriculum. More info...
- Plan to participate in a thematic sharing session with lesson plans, process, and examples.
- Spread the word to fellow art educators.
- Contact Lynda Black-Smith with ideas or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Side Shows (tours) are being planned:
Saturday afternoon we will have a shuttle to take us on a 3 museum rotation. The National Czech and Slovak Museum & Library, The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, and The African American Museum of Iowa. Read more about each of these below. Go to 1, 2, or all 3. More details coming soon!
Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
Grant Wood Studio
National Czech and Slovak Museum
African American Museum The exhibit: Endless Possibilites
Studio and Workshop Visits
New Bo Arts and Cultural District--galleries, studios, restaurants, shops
New Bo Cherry Building with studios and shops and The Ceramic Center
Coe and Mt. Mercy College Galleries
And much, much more....
More about past Fall Conferences...