ART EDUCATORS OF IOWA is a non-profit organization unified with the
National Art Education Association and affiliated with the Iowa Alliance for Arts Education.
Our purpose is to promote excellence in visual arts education in Iowa through the advancement of knowledge and skills, professional development, service, and leadership.
We are a professional organization for those interested in the future of art education. We supply exemplary networking opportunities and collegial support for educators throughout Iowa and with educators around the world. Our Board of Directors (volunteers from around the state) meets quarterly to plan and organize these activities.
How can we help you?
- The Annual Fall Conference is where you can explore new methods and techniques and hear and meet nationally recognized speakers.
- Our e-newsletter The Message keeps members inspired and challenged and increases awareness of current issues. Take a look at The Message archives!
- Mentoring for first and second year art teachers. Contact Chris Noel to be a mentor or mentee.
- Youth Art Month (YAM) March is the time of celebration with recognition of outstanding students and art teachers. Submit your students' work!
- Members of AEI contribute student works to Traveling Exhibits that circulate throughout the state. Submit your students' art and sign up to display the exhibit at your school.
- All-State Artists is the premier recognition of high school art students and their teachers.
- Action committees deal with advocacy, curriculum, programming, and many current issues: portfolios, mentoring, standards, visual culture. Volunteer!
- A network of colleagues connects you to national issues and information through NAEA. Start your own ePortfolio!
- This web site, ArtEdIa, is regularly maintained to keep you in touch with other art educators and the services offered by AEI.