ART EDUCATORS OF IOWA is a non-profit organization unified with the National Art Education Association and is affiliated with the Iowa Alliance for Art Education.
Our purpose is to promote excellence in visual arts education in Iowa through the advancement of knowledge and skills, professional development, service, and leadership.
We are a professional organization for those interested in the future of art education. We supply exemplary networking opportunities and collegial support for educators throughout Iowa and with educators around the world.
How can we help you?
- The Annual Fall Conference, our biggest annual event, is where you can explore new methods and techniques, network with other art educators, and see nationally recognized speakers. Membership gains you a discounted entry fee and access to vendor. (A limited number of scholarships are awarded for preservice level members to attend the conference.)
- Mentoring program provides guidance and help to first and second year teachers.
- Our e-newsletter The Message keeps members inspired and challenged and increases awareness of current issues.
- Youth Art Month (YAM) March is the time of celebration with recognition of outstanding students and art teachers.
- All State is the premier recognition of high school art students and their teachers and is only open to members.
- Action committees dealing with advocacy, curriculum, programming, and many current issues: Fire Arts Iowa Core, portfolios, mentoring, standards, visual culture, VAAS.
- A network of colleagues connecting to national issues and information through NAEA.
- Traveling Art Show- elementary, middle school and traveling museums of student artwork available to come to your school.
2014 Art Educators of Iowa Fall Conference – October 10, 11, 12
AEI’s 64th Annual Fall Conference will be located at Pilgrim Heights Retreat Campground on and the Meskwaki Settlement School in Tama county. This years theme is “Organic Connections: History, Environment and Culture.
Visit the official Art Educators of Iowa website to learn more.